Have you ever wanted to learn how to program a BAS?
In the latest episode of the Building Automation Monthly Podcast we discuss how BAS programming works and how you can go about learning to program HVAC with your BAS programming software.
- Understanding the why behind your programming actions (1:15)
- Why your mentality determines if you can program (5:00)
- The traditional way of learning to program (5:30)
- The questions you need to ask yourself before programming (6:55)
- Is your program user dependent or user independent (9:55)
- What is programming? (12:07)
- How DDC controllers enabled us to write programs (13:00)
- Do you really understand inputs and outputs (15:50)
- How your choice of variable type will determine the safety of your programs (22:05)
- The two ways of programming BAS (25:00)
- Five steps to programming success (27:52)
- The reason you must write your boolean logic before your analog logic (30:40)
- Why following the sequence line for line is a recipe for disaster (33:55)