Utilizing a building automation system to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of a facility team can seem like a daunting challenge.
Where do you begin and what steps do you take?
In this episode, we "go back to the basics". We are going to look at how to command and control our building automation systems. By the time you finish this episode, you will have a series of steps you can take to begin working on organizing and structuring you or your customer's BAS operations.
Getting back to basics
- Why it's important to get back to the basics (1:45)
- The core parts and pieces of a BAS (2:49)
- The importance of gaining alignment on the benefit of a BAS (4:50)
- The two C's of a building automation system (6:40)
- How to gain control of your building automation system (7:35)
- Signs that you may not have control of your BAS (9:42)
- How to get the right data, at the right time, to the right people (12:21)
- Utilizing user profiles and use cases to segment data (14:52)
- Why you must use user logs and unique logins (17:22)
- How to use your BAS to address issues before, during, and after their occurrence (19:22)
- The power of feedback loops to quickly solve issues (21:48)
- How your trend interval may be costing you thousands (23:12)